A 300-level microbiology student of the University of Lagos, Jacob Eniola, has died after allegedly consuming a poisonous substance known as sniper. The victim was said to have been rushed to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, where he gave up the ghost on Sunday. It is, however, unclear why the victim took the poison.
It was gathered that the management of the school had already launched an investigation into the case. A source said the victim took the poison on Saturday evening. Friends of the deceased have also started pouring encomiums on the late student, whom they described as gentle and easygoing.