Save for neighbours who ran to rescue him, Mr. Muhammad Lawal would have been roasted to ashes. Narrating his ordeal, Lawal said he escaped death after he was set ablaze while receiving fresh air outside his house in Kastina. He said the weather was too hot and he decided to sleep outside his house at night when he suddenly felt someone pour gasoline on him and set him ablaze. He began to scream for help but before people could come to his rescue, he has sustained first degree burn.
Muhammad is asking the general public to come to his aid as he does not have funds to pay his medical bills.
He is currently receiving treatment at the Katsina General Hospital.