A Brazilian man is suffering from Elephantiasis which causes swelling of limps after he was bitten by a mosquito. The man, Raimundo, was bitten by the bug 20 years ago and subsequently infected with Lymphatic filariasis, a parasitic infection better known as Elephantiasis. The painful, disfiguring disease often leaves sufferers incapacitated. Himundo has been battling the infection ever since, and watched as his left leg swelled and became elephant-like, and almost paralyzing him.
The young man is successfully undergoing treatment in Sao Jose Rio Preto. See more photos after the cut.