Some thieves stormed a food vendor's shop, simply identified as Mrs. Agnes at the weekend, in Obiaruku, Ukwuani Local Government Area, Delta State, and stole the pot of stew she was preparing. According to Vanguard, the woman had gone in to have her bath in preparation for the day’s business when the thieves made away with the N6,000 pot of stew that was still on the fire.
Sources revealed that the thieves however spared the pot of rice that was on a separate fire nearby. “They left the rice because it was still boiling,” a source said, adding “times are hard and incidents of petty robbery are on the rise in our community. Just last month, four small power generating sets, popularly known as I-pass-my-neighbour, were stolen in different places.
"In one of the incidents, family members and friends were watching the UEFA Champion’s League final between the Madrid clubs, when power supply from the generating set was suddenly cut.
"They discovered too late that the generator had been moved. Most people now put their generators inside, even when it is working. This is dangerous to the health of the people.”