A young Vietnamese couple having sex for the first time were left with serious injuries - after using a plastic bag as a condom. Too shy to buy a real condom, the boy attached the plastic bag to himself - only for the pair to both end up in hospital in the city of Hanoi having sustained bad scratches.
The youngsters were both college undergraduates according to the hospital director, Nguyen The Luong. Vietnam's Tuoi Tre newspaper reported that it was the first time the couple had had sex but, embarrassed about purchasing a condom in a shop, the boy suggested he use a plastic bag for protection.
"As the plastic bag was rough and lacked elasticity and lubrication, the young couple ended up scratching their genitals to the point of bleeding. The lovebirds underwent a thorough check-up and were prescribed with antibiotics and disinfectants for their injuries," the paper reports.
The paper said it had spoken to doctors who said that the use of plastic bags or similar household products as alternatives to condoms was strongly discouraged because such items were 'not designed for the function.'
Doctors said thick plastic bags can scratch or even tear private parts, while thinner ones are just as damaging and are prone to break much more easily than condoms, DailyMail.com reports.