Thursday, 18 January 2018

Too Bad! Lagos Driver Commits Suicide After He Was Sacked By His Boss For Being Fraudulent

Akan Iboro, a 39-year-old driver, yesterday, reportedly committed suicide in his apartment in Ketu area of Lagos, after he was sacked by his boss, a director in one of the federal ministries, for being fraudulent. According to Vanguard, report had it that Iboro had been driving his boss right from when he was with the Lagos State Government before he went to the Federal level.
Vanguard reports  that since his disengagement, Iboro had been keeping to himself, before his lifeless body was discovered yesterday. One of his friends, who gave his name as Folu, explained that Iboro’s woes began after he took one of his boss’ cars home, only for it to develop fault when he returned it.
His boss was said to have given him money to effect repairs on the said car, but he was alleged not to have done so.
He said: “When he came to Lagos for Christmas, he told his boss that his wife had been at home doing nothing after undergoing a caesarean session during delivery. His boss gave him money, but he never brought the money home but, instead, he squandered it.
“Few days later, his boss called Iboro’s wife to find out how she was faring only to be told she never had surgery. So he was sacked.” 
A tearful Iboro’s widow said: “We have been together for about 10 years with two kids. He usually left home for many days without caring for us. Before his death, he had left home for two weeks; that was after he said that he had been sacked.
“He came this morning (yesterday) at about 7a.m., holding a bottle of insecticide in his hand and informed his sister that he wanted to die.
“He lamented that being sacked without benefit after working for 15 years was not the best way to pay him for his hand work.
“Before we knew what was happening, he had emptied the contents into his mouth and fell down. In our confusion, we rushed him to a hospital around our area, but we were advised to take him to the General Hospital.
“We took him to another private hospital, where they attempted to administer first aid. But my husband refused to open his mouth, insisting that he wanted to die.
“He was confirmed dead on arrival at the third hospital.”
One of his relatives, who gave his name simply as Emma, said efforts were on to get the death certificate as well as Police report.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m glad you visited Alabekee’s blog. I love to read your opinion. Please spare me few minutes of your valuable time and drop a comment because it will motivate me to blog better.

DISCLAIMER: Please note that apart from, Alabekee does not own any other blog/website. Also bear in mind that comments on this blog are not posted by Alabekee. Alabekee’s blog readers are totally responsible for the comments they post on

Contact me for Inquiries/Tip-offs – or Call 08060623254/09051251337

Follow me on Twitter-@AlabekeeOla
Instagram - alabekeesblog
Facebook - Alabekee Ola

Thanks so much for being part of Alabekee’s blog!