Wednesday, 15 May 2019

Tricycle Rider Disappears Two Days After Child's Naming Ceremony In Lagos

The family of a tricycle rider, Oluwadamilare Shittu, has expressed fear over his whereabouts after his sudden disappearance from home. It was gathered that the 30-year-old left his house on Ereko Street, in the Fadeyi area of Lagos State, for work around 6.30am on April 30.

PUNCH Metro gathered that his family became apprehensive after a woman he usually took to work came to ask after him the next day.

His wife, Adedoyin, said she immediately reported the matter at the Onipanu Police Station, adding that his tricycle was found 10 days later without any trace of him.

She said, “My husband is a tricycle rider and he plies Sabo, Yaba and Oyingbo areas. We had the naming of our second child on Sunday, April 28. On Tuesday, he left for work but did not return home. He usually leaves home early in the morning because of a female customer he takes to her workplace.

“The next day, the woman came to ask after him. She said she had not seen him and was wondering what the problem was. We immediately reported at the Onipanu Police Station.

“His tricycle was recovered on Friday, May 10, on Alhaji Kappo Street; but he was nowhere to be found. He is easygoing and does not fight people.”

However, a source close to the family said the victim might not be found alive.

He said prior to Oluwadamilare’s disappearance, youths living on two streets in the area had engaged in a free-for-all.

The source noted that it was a few days after the fight that the victim’s tricycle was recovered.

He said, “Oluwadamilare was formerly living at Makoko, but when he got married, he relocated to Fadeyi.

“Three days before he went missing, there was a fight in the neighbourhood. Whenever there is a fight like that in Fadeyi, innocent residents, including strangers, are attacked. Days after such fights, people are targeted for living on rival streets and killed.

“We got information that a tricycle rider was attacked. The tricycle was later traced to the street where the hoodlums clashed. The police did not arrest anybody for questioning at the scene. We have gone to check mortuaries around, but we did not find him. The tricycle is still at the police station.”

Efforts to reach the state Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Bala Elkana, proved abortive, as calls to his telephone line were not answered.

He had also yet to reply to a message sent to his phone as of the time of filing this report.

No comments:

Post a comment

I’m glad you visited Alabekee’s blog. I love to read your opinion. Please spare me few minutes of your valuable time and drop a comment because it will motivate me to blog better.

DISCLAIMER: Please note that apart from, Alabekee does not own any other blog/website. Also bear in mind that comments on this blog are not posted by Alabekee. Alabekee’s blog readers are totally responsible for the comments they post on

Contact me for Inquiries/Tip-offs – or Call 08060623254/09051251337

Follow me on Twitter-@AlabekeeOla
Instagram - alabekeesblog
Facebook - Alabekee Ola

Thanks so much for being part of Alabekee’s blog!