Copy

Thursday, 13 June 2019

Five Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Popular Shopping Mall In Rivers (Video)

 
A gas explosion at a Port Harcourt shopping mall on Wednesday ignited a fire which left at least five persons critically injured. The incident which happened around 4:00 p.m. forced the early closure of the mall.

It was gathered that the fire started at the continental cuisines’ kitchen, a section within the mall which cooks and serves Chinese and other continental dishes.

It was learnt that five workers at the kitchen, who were badly burnt were rushed to the Rivers State University Teaching Hospital where they are currently receiving treatment.

A taxi driver who witnessed the incident told The PUNCH that he could not stand the cries of those were injured as they were rushed to the hospital.

He said, “The fire incident happened around 4:00 p.m. There was a gas explosion at the continental/ Chinese dishes kitchen which resulted in a fire.

“The fire burnt about five of the workers badly. In fact, one of the victims’ skin was peeling off like burnt clothes as he cried, I couldn’t watch, to be honest.”

Efforts to reach the mall’s management failed at the premises was sealed by security and no one was allowed entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m glad you visited Alabekee’s blog. I love to read your opinion. Please spare me few minutes of your valuable time and drop a comment because it will motivate me to blog better.

DISCLAIMER: Please note that apart from www.alabekee.com, Alabekee does not own any other blog/website. Also bear in mind that comments on this blog are not posted by Alabekee. Alabekee’s blog readers are totally responsible for the comments they post on www.alabekee.com.

Contact me for Inquiries/Tip-offs – alabekee44@gmail.com or Call 08060623254/09051251337

Follow me on Twitter-@AlabekeeOla
Instagram - alabekeesblog
Facebook - Alabekee Ola

Thanks so much for being part of Alabekee’s blog!