Copy

Monday, 10 June 2019

Tragedy As Generator Fume Kills 10 Wedding Guests In Imo

 
According to Punch Metro, there was a tragedy in Imo State on Monday as no fewer than ten traditional wedding guests died of fume from a generator and twenty others hospitalised. The incident happened at Umuomumu Mbieri in the Mbaitoli Local Government Area of the state.
 
A community source told Punch Metro that the wedding guests from Anambra State decided to pass the night at their in-law’s house after the ceremony.
 
It was the fume from the generator which ran through the night until morning that killed them, our correspondent was told.
 
The State Commissioner of Police, Rabiu Ladodo, who confirmed the development to Punch Metro said, “the generator was on in the kitchen while the doors and widows of the rooms the guests slept were locked.”
 
“It is a case of sudden and natural death but we have commenced an investigation. Assistance is being rendered to the survivors.”
 
The victims and survivors were taken to Ikeduru General Hospital.
 
Punch Metro was not allowed to speak to the hospital management.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m glad you visited Alabekee’s blog. I love to read your opinion. Please spare me few minutes of your valuable time and drop a comment because it will motivate me to blog better.

DISCLAIMER: Please note that apart from www.alabekee.com, Alabekee does not own any other blog/website. Also bear in mind that comments on this blog are not posted by Alabekee. Alabekee’s blog readers are totally responsible for the comments they post on www.alabekee.com.

Contact me for Inquiries/Tip-offs – alabekee44@gmail.com or Call 08060623254/09051251337

Follow me on Twitter-@AlabekeeOla
Instagram - alabekeesblog
Facebook - Alabekee Ola

Thanks so much for being part of Alabekee’s blog!